The Top Raw Honey Benefits
Honey naturally contains nutrients and enzymes that have a variety of health benefits and medical uses. Perhaps that’s why it has been used as a folk remedy throughout history. Today, honey is still a popular food and is even used in some hospitals as a medical treatment for wounds. However, these health benefits are specific to unpasteurized honey.
Manufacturers process most of the honey you find in grocery stores. Heating the honey helps improve the color and texture, and removes any unwanted crystallization. Many of the beneficial antioxidants and bacteria are also removed or destroyed in the process.
If you’re interested in trying raw honey, buy it from a trusted local producer. In the meantime, check out some of the health benefits raw honey has to offer:
- Healthy Weight Management
- Counters Pollen Allergies
- Natural Energy Source
- The Antioxidants in It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Sleep Promoter
- Wound and Ulcer Healer
- Honey Is “Less Bad” Than Sugar for Diabetics
- Natural Cough Syrup. Honey Can Help Suppress Coughs in Children
- Honey Also Helps Improve Cholesterol